Listen to the audio episode:
Pre-Med student turned full time trader
In 2015 I read The little book of foreign exchange trading i Millionaire traders, two books that helped me turn in the right direction to become a profitable trader.
Even today I recommend these books to many traders.
The author of these books was Kathy Lien and had long wanted to interview her as part of the Desire To Trade Podcast.
In episode 311 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, you will learn:
- How you can combine fundamentals and techniques for best results
- How is a day in the life of a professional trader
- How Kathy went from premeditation student to full-time trader
As always, you can find this interview with the merchant on your favorite podcast platform. Just search for “Desire To Trade Podcast”.
As for Kathy Lien
Kathy Lien is CEO and founding partner of BKForex. After graduating from Stern School of Business at New York University at the age of 18, Ms. Kathy Lien has more than 13 years of experience in the financial markets with a specific focus on currencies.
His career began at JPMorgan Chase, where he worked at the interbank foreign exchange trading desk doing foreign exchange markets and later at the trading group that owns several markets where he traded currency spot, options, currency derivatives. interest, bonds, equity and futures. In 2003, Kathy joined FXCM and started DailyFX.com, a leading online currency search portal. As a key strategy, he led a team of analysts dedicated to providing research and feedback on the foreign exchange market. In 2008, Kathy joined Global Futures & Forex Ltd as Director of Currency Research, where she provided research and analysis to clients and managed a global currency analysis team.
As a G20 currency expert, Kathy is frequently cited in the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg, Marketwatch, Associated Press, AAP, UK Telegraph, Sydney Morning Herald and other prominent news publications. He also appears regularly on CNBC: USA, Asia and Europe and on Sky Business. Kathy is an international author of the best-selling book Day Trading and Swing Trading the Currency Market, as well as The Little Book of Currency Trading and Millionaire Traders: How Everyday People Beat Wall Street at its Own Game, published through Wiley. Kathy’s extensive experience in developing business strategies by analyzing various markets and her years of market research to predict economic data surprises serve as key components of BK’s analytical techniques.
Watch the video interview!
Topics covered in this episode
- 0:00 Start
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:40 Who is Kathy Lien and what does she do
- 2:34 How Kathy discovered the trade and began her business journey
- 5:30 What obstacles did Kathy have to overcome to develop as a trader
- 6:20 How Kathy went from creating markets to owning trade
- 7:23 Kathy’s recommendations for traders who want to negotiate with a hospital company
- 8:18 What deadlines does Kathy prefer to change
- 9:27 Kathy and BK Forex
- 10:49 What is Kathy’s business style
- 12:15 What is Kathy’s favorite technical tool
- 12:36 What a day in Kathy’s life
- 14:33 How Kathy balances trade and lifestyle
- 15:47 Kathy’s recommendations for finding your negotiating style
- 17:05 What does Kathy think of cryptocurrencies (don’t fall in love with impostors)
- 18:34 Should a trader start with Cryptos or Forex?
- 19:20 How Kathy adapts to low volatility markets
- 20:14 Trade is a game of evolution
- 20:52 Why you should use fundamentals in your business
- 21:36 How to start doing fundamental analysis
- 22:25 Where to find Kathy Lien
- 23:08 Kathy’s best tips for traders
- And many more!
What do you need to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below or join the Facebook group.
Desire to Top Trade Resources
About the Desire to Trade Podcast
How to find Kathy Lien?
What should you implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below or join the Facebook group.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.