If last month we commented that the cryptocurrency market was collapsing with falls reaching 30% and 40% on Bitcoin and Ethereum after the People’s Bank of China announced a ban on payments with Bitcoin in its country, closing thus the doors to millions of users in his country that caused a massive sale of these products around the world, in recent sessions, a new blow from the Asian giant has caused the disappearance of about $ 300 billion inside of the digital currency market.
On this occasion, in a new attempt to control the cryptocurrency market in this country, the Beijing government has ordered bitcoin miners to close all their operations, while the People’s Bank of China stated that investors in ‘This sector favors money laundering and other criminal activities and therefore poses a serious detriment to the security of the Chinese people.
In addition to the cryptocurrency market, one of the big losers in these restrictions includes companies like Coinbase, which currently trades at $ 222.60 per share compared to the $ 328 it began on April 14, during an upward spiral without precedents in which Bitcoin topped $ 64,000.
If we look at the daily chart of Bitcoin, we can see how, after setting historical highs, it has experienced a strong correction. This is in line with the bearish divergence we observed in its MACD indicator, which has led it to lose around 50% of its value before currently operating in a significant side range represented by the green and red bands between the levels. of $ 30,000 and $ 40,000 for Bitcoin.
During this significant decline, the price has broken several major supports, causing a triple cross of bearish averages, which may involve a new price correction if the price is finally able to break the lower side of the sideways movement and the $ 30,000 level. .
As long as the price does not recover steadily, the significant level of resistance coinciding with its 200-session average and the Fibonacci retracement level at 38.2% at $ 40,000, sentiment will remain bearish, although for a higher momentum it is necessary that the price manages to exceed the important level of support and resistance, represented in orange.
Evolution in the last 5 years:
- 2020: 302.3%
- 2019: 94%
- 2018: -73.2%
- 2017: 1337.7%
- 2016: 124.1%
With the Admirals Trade.MT5 account, you can exchange BTCUSD contracts for differences (CFDs) and more than 3000 shares. CFDs allow traders to try to benefit from the bullish and bearish markets as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ON ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The data provided provides additional information about all analyzes, estimates, forecasts, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other valuations or similar information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of the Admiral Markets investment companies operating under the trademark Admiral Markets (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making investment decisions, pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informational purposes only and may not be construed in any way as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with the legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and is not subject to any prohibition to deal with prior to the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made solely by each client, while Admiral Markets will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such a decision, regardless of content.
- In order to protect the interests of our customers and the objectivity of the analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas (analyst), (hereinafter “author”) based on his personal estimates.
- While every effort is made to ensure that all sources of content are reliable and that all information is presented, as far as possible, in an understandable, timely, accurate and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or integrity. of any information contained in the analysis.
- Any past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated in the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or involvement of Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may increase and decrease and the preservation of the value of the asset is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or gains. Before you start operating, make sure you fully understand the risks involved.