Episode # 342: Aaron Edelheit, Mindset Capital, “The best investors are those who see it as a game “
Guest: Aaron Edelheit is the CEO and founder of Mindset Capital, a private equity firm. In his previous role as CEO of The American Home, Aaron founded and grew a company of 16 rental homes to one that owned 2,500 single-family rental homes and was sold in April 2015 to a Board of Trustees. of Real Estate Investments. Aaron also founded and ran a successful money management company, Saber Value Management, from 1998 to 2011. In 2018, Aaron published his first book, The Hard Break: The Case for a 24/6 Lifestyle.
Date of registration: 8/11/2021 | Runtime: 1:20:18
Summary: In today’s episode, we begin with Aaron’s time as CEO of The American Home, a company that grew to more than 2,500 rental homes and sold in 2015 to a REIT for more than 250 millions of dollars. He explains why this experience has led him to be bullish on Mexican home builders and why he believes a particular builder is the most undervalued company in North America. Here’s why Aaron thinks it’s useful for investors to play video games and why he thinks Nintendo is undervalued.
As we finish, we touch on the cannabis space and why Aaron is bullish in the industry.
Sponsor: The farm of ideas it gives you access to more than $ 100,000 in investment in research, the way only the world’s largest institutions, funds, and money managers usually read. Join today and access the quarterly CAPE ratios, an excel backtester quant and the entire research library. And best of all, there is a 30-day free trial period.
Comments or suggestions? Email us [email protected] or call us to leave a voice message at 323 834 9159
Are you interested in sponsoring an episode? Email Justin to [email protected]
- 0:40 – Sponsor: The Idea Farm
- 1:25 – Introduction
- 2:20 – Welcome to our guest, Aaron Edelheit
- 4:29 – Aaron starts in the real estate market
- 7:36 – Understanding the Mexican real estate market
- 12:45 – Consortium Now and The Coming Mexican Boom (Edelheit)
- 15:18 – Opportunities in the stock market right now
- 16:03 – Thesis of Mexican housing builders Aaron
- 25:12 – Information on the US real estate market
- 29:30 – Aaron’s approach to portfolio building
- 30:59 – Match your investment style with your personality
- 33:03 – Playing video games can help you level up in business and invest (Edelheit)
- 36:30 – War Stories About Board Games (Faber)
- 37:43 – Video games and investment strategy
- 39:50 – Aaron’s favorite video games
- 43:53 – What Aaron has learned from following Nintendo
- 45:57 – Aaron’s video game investment thesis
- 49:46 – Nintendo Switch Statistics
- 52:10 – Aaron’s Substack Newsletter
- 53:04 – From skeptic to investor in the cannabis space
- 55:46 – Opportunities in the cannabis market
- 58:56 – Implications of the legal status of cannabis companies in the US
- 59:19 – Episode # 274: Mitch Baruchowitz, Merida Capital Holdings
- 1:02:31 – The stigma of investing in cannabis
- 1:05:00 – Effects of the pandemic on the cannabis industry
- 1:08:05 – Why Aaron thinks this is an amazing time to invest
- 1:09:08: Aaron’s most memorable investment
- 1:13:16 – Lessons from failure
- 1:14:57 – Aaron’s qualitative and quantitative approach to sales
- 1:16:58 – Look for Aaron Twitter and Substack
Transcript of episode 342:
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.