As we commented yesterday in our analysis of weekly prospects, this morning we learned the important quarterly data from the German GDP which has been better than expected by the consensus of analysts after during the second quarter the German economy grew at a rate of 1.6%, leaving year-on-year GDP growth at two tenths of a percentage point above what was expected with the market consensus of up to 9.8%.
In principle, this would reinforce the idea that we are on the path of growth and economic recovery, but, as we said yesterday, Preliminary PMI data were quite negative, so this could be a sign that the impact of the Delta variant could be greater than expected, posing problems in the economic recovery as in the case of oil..
The reality is that uncertainty about the future continues to grow every day if we consider the geopolitical changes involving, for example, the exit from Afghanistan and possible future conflicts, the struggle for world hegemony between the United States and China or the possible effects that future variants and the evolution of the pandemic which began more than a year and a half ago.
If we add to all this the uncertainty and volatility that can be generated in the financial markets in view of the economic measures that can be taken by bodies such as the Federal Reserve or the European Central Bank to combat inflation, such as increasing interest rates. interest and the gradual reduction of their respective balance sheets after the large number of asset purchases that have taken place in recent years, it is not uncommon for more and more people to doubt the capacity of these bodies and the FIAT coins, looking for alternatives in cryptocurrencies or returning to gold as in the case of Palantir.
Palantir is an American company founded in 2003 and specialized in big data, which focuses mainly on the creation and implementation of software platforms for intelligence and defense services for government agencies. the IPO of which occurred on September 30, 2020 with an estimated market value of $ 22 billion.
This company presented on August 12 its quarterly results for the second quarter of the year and, as in all the results presented after its IPO, these exceeded expectations after obtaining a earnings per share and revenue of $ 0.04 per share and $ 375.64 million respectively.
But what strikes us most about this company is that recently, has announced the acquisition of $ 50.7 million worth of gold bars as part of its risk diversification strategy in the face of a possible “Black Swan” event in the stock markets, thus showing its doubts about the future.
In addition to this purchase, we must note that Palantir also announced that it would accept payments in Bitcoin and gold, although so far no one has paid them yet with these.
Technically speaking, after a dramatic increase in the stock market throughout 2020 and during the beginning of the year, Palantir is far from the all-time highs reached last January at around $ 45 per share, where a sharp correction began that led him to set annual lows around $ 17.70 per share.
For now, Palantir is trading near the psychological level of $ 25 per share and breaking that level could give wings to a new upward momentum that would have to face several levels of resistance before reaching highs. On the contrary, it seems that this company has found a significant level of support in the average of 200 sessions in red after having repeatedly rejected it since mid-July.
Source: Palantir daily chart of the Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5 platform from December 10, 2020 to August 24, 2021. Prepared on August 24, 2021 at 11:40 am CEST. Please note that previous returns do not guarantee future returns.
Evolution of Palantir on the Stock Exchange:
- 2021: 11.83% (first half)
- 2020: 147.89%
With the Admirals Trade.MT5 account, you can exchange contracts for differences (CFD) in Palantir, gold and more than 3000 shares. CFDs allow traders to try to benefit from bullish and bullish markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ON ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The data provided provides additional information about all analyzes, estimates, forecasts, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other valuations or similar information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of the Admiral Markets investment companies operating under the trademark Admiral Markets (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making investment decisions, pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informational purposes only and may not be construed in any way as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with the legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and is not subject to any prohibition to deal with prior to the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made solely by each client, while Admiral Markets will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such a decision, regardless of content.
- In order to protect the interests of our customers and the objectivity of the analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas (analyst), (hereinafter, “author”) based on his personal estimates.
- While every effort is made to ensure that all sources of content are reliable and that all information is presented, as far as possible, in an understandable, timely, accurate and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee accuracy or integrity. of any information contained in the analysis.
- Any past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated in the content should not be construed as a promise, guarantee or express or implied involvement of Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may increase and decrease and the preservation of the value of the asset is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or gains. Before you start operating, make sure you fully understand the risks involved.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.