NASDAQ is working on its third consecutive record. The S&P joins this index today
S&P and NASDAQ both opened record highs. The NASDAQ index has closed at historic highs in the last two trading days. The S&P hit an all-time high of 4247.16, both yesterday and Tuesday (about a point or two). Today, the opening has brought the price comfortably above that level.
The market snapshot currently shows:
- S&P index +24.49 points or 0.58% to 4266.33
- The NASDAQ index rose 97.27 points or 0.68% to 14369
- Down 204.79 points or 0.60% to 34079. 03
In other markets, as U.S. stock trading begins, it shows:
- Gold point plus $ 5.82 or 0.33% $ 1784.48.
- Silver silver rises $ 0.21 or 0.82% to $ 26.10
- WTI crude futures fall $ 0.45 or -0.62% to $ 72.63
- Bitcoin is up $ 874 or 2.64% to $ 33,932
In the US debt market, yields are mixed:
- 0.256% at two years, -0.5 basis points
- 0.892% five years, +1.1 basis point
- 10 years 1.478%, -0.6 basis point
- 2.094% at 30, -1.3 basis points
In the currency, the NZD remains the strongest of the majors, while the GBP is the weakest. The USD is the month of March, the bottom verse of most currency pairs, except for the GBP.
Invest in yourself. Check out our forex education center.